Summary of supported modules
When adding new modules, you have to keep two things in mind: The modules you need (Left side) and the server(s) you want them on (Right side).
ClusterCS currently offers installation and management for 22 modules:
1. apache – the world’s most used web server. Highly recommended in most environments set on serving web content and a core component of the LAMP stack
2. lighttpd – lighttpd is a secure, fast, compliant, and very flexible web-server that has been optimized for high-performance environments. It has a very low memory footprint compared to other webservers and takes care of cpu-load. Its advanced feature-set (FastCGI, CGI, Auth, Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and many more) make lighttpd the perfect webserver-software for every server that suffers load problems
3. haproxy – very fast and reliable solution offering high availability, load balancing, and proxying. It is particularly suited for very high traffic web sites and powers quite a number of the world’s most visited ones. Recommended by the ClusterCS team!
4. php – The core module needed to compile, run and serve PHP scripts and web pages
5. iptables – an application that allows configuration of the Linux firewall, for IPv4 protocol. Highly recommended by the ClusterCS team!
6. proftpd – A high performance, very secure FTP server
7. nginx – high-performance HTTP server and reverse proxy, as well as an IMAP/POP3 proxy server. NGINX is known for its high performance, stability, rich feature set, simple configuration, and low resource consumption
8. mysql – is an open-source relational database management system. A core component of the LAMP stack.
9. mysql-cluster – is a technology providing shared-nothing clustering and auto-sharding for the MySQL database management system. It is designed to provide high availability and high throughput with low latency, while allowing for near linear scalability
10. mariadb galera cluster – is a synchronous multi-master cluster and database replication for MariaDB
11. postfix – A fast, easy to administrate and secure mail server
12. storage_location – a mandatory module designed by ClusterCS team which manages the server storage for both single-server setups, as well as clusters
13. roundcube – A browser-based IMAP client, providing the full functionality of an e-mail client
14. fail2ban – a service that scans log files to detect possible intrusion/malicious attempts, and temporarily blacklists the IPs. Useful against brute-force attacks
15. memcached – a distributed memory object caching system intended for use in speeding up dynamic web applications by alleviating database load
16. stunnel – an application used to provide SSL/TLS tunneling service, enabling secured TLS/SSL connections. Used for communicating over HTTPS.
17. phpmyadmin – a tool written in PHP, used to manage and administrate mySQL databases over the web
18. spamassassin – an anti-spam platform used to filter spam e-mails
19. clamav – an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats
20. varnish – is a web application accelerator also known as a caching HTTP reverse proxy.
21. redis – is an open source in-memory data structure store, used as a database, cache and message broker. It supports data structures such as strings, hashes, lists, sets, sorted sets with range queries, bitmaps, hyperloglogs and geospatial indexes with radius queries
22. pacemaker – is a high-availability cluster resource manager, it achieves maximum availability for your cluster services (a.k.a. resources) by detecting and recovering from node- and resource-level failures
23. wkhtmltox – is an open source simple and much effective command-line shell utility that enables user to convert any given HTML (Web Page) to PDF document or an image (jpg, png, etc)
24. moosefs – files will be stored and shared across servers with at least one replica. Depending on the number of replicas, at least one server can fail without any failure for the entire cluster.